TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - This looked hopeful, but it's for manual controls...
People Seeking Info

Subject This looked hopeful, but it's for manual controls...

Posted by thumper300zx on October 26, 2019 at 4:17 PM
  This message has been viewed 177 times.

In Reply To yes..BTDT (n/m) posted by Cjw3 on October 24, 2019 at 06:39 PM

Message I have fully auto CC. I see two motors, so assuming it's just one of them (probably the back one) and possibly more in the way. Can you confirm that the fully auto CCC also has just one motor for the heater cock and mixture?

[ http://twinturbo.net/net/viewmsg.aspx?forum=technical&msg_id=1073254 ]

So after about 3 weeks of freezing my ass off coming back from work every night I decided to do something about my heat. Now I did a TON of research about the whole heating system and how it works. My problem is like a lot of others where my motors for the air mix door have gone bad but the heater core is fine, so the door is stuck in the full cold pos.

If anyone has that same problem you can fix this temporarily by doing the following:

First off you have to get into the heater core on the driver side or at least to where you can get to the water cock valve on it. There are plenty of wire ups on how to do it so just search around the forum. Once there you have to manually open the valve by taking off the rod that connects to it and opening the valve. Doing that is half the job.

Now you have to go to the passenger side and get to the air mix door motor, getting to it is not too hard you just have to take off the panel underneath the glove compartment and take off the floor vent which is only held on by one screw. Behind the vent with a flashlight you will see the motor for the door it's the only one in that area so there's no way to get it wrong and there's the rod end that connects to the water cock valve right behind it. There is one screw holding the motor in place getting it out is a bit tricky but can be done. Once you have the screw out the motor will swivel a bit but it won't come out. For that you have to pull the whole heater box out. You will see that the motor is hooked up to a small arm that opens and closes that air mix door. You will need something long and skinny to pry out the motor from the arm, you will need to swing out the motor a bit in order to do this. The whole process is a PITA but It's way quicker than taking off the dash and the whole deal to change out the motors. When you get the motor disconnected from the door open the door. Now I noticed that my door seemed to move VERY easily so I zip tied it open to the motor so it doesn't close on me when driving. Once you get that done you should have heat blowing from your vents. Put everything back together and you're done! Now this is only temporary or if you don't have the time to change the motors like me :-). Eventually the motors need to be changed out to have fully operational CC. Hope this helps! GOOD LUCK!

VISIT thumper300zx.com for PICS and TECH PAGES

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.